Very excellent points, Nicky. I would never take Scott's word as gospel; however, I was replying to someone earlier in the thread mentioning the meeting. It was my feeling that if the meeting actually did occur, that it was not particularly about mob business, but more of a welcome home gathering/party. That's just my speculation as well, though.

The only thing I disagree with you is on Joey being the boss. I guess it is nothing more than speculation from all of us until something major shakes out or another indictment is handed down. I've probably said it a hundred times here, but I just can't imagine him giving it up after what he went thru to take control of the family. I think he's smartened up over the last 15 years or so. He's still "Skinny Joey" -- the cocky, celebrity gangster just like you said; however, nobody can say that he hasn't changed somewhat. He's not out looking for the spotlight or the media attention anymore. I don't necessarily understand why the media still loves the guy so much and why he is public fodder more so than any other gangster.

In the end, I'm sure that several of the old guard definitely do not like the guy and have very little or absolutely no respect for him. What do you make of Scott's report several months back that said the Scarfo era guys were kicking up to Stevie out of respect, and that he is essentially bridging the gap between the multiple factions on the street because he is so well liked?

Also, this is for you and Serp: where do you see Faffy lining up when he comes home next summer? Did he have any type of relationship with Chuckie Merlino, or is he in the same camp with the other guys who absolutely hate Joey?