Plain pies too. All kidding aside, the naivety comment is spot on.

Why is it necessary to link Gotti physically to bodies? it's as if it's necessary to keep this myth about him going. Everyone knows he ordered executions; that came right from his mouth. Whether or not he did the actual heavy lifting in any case before/after Castellano murder is immaterial.

Take the murdering aspect out of LCN. Look at forest thru the trees. It's a pretty safe assessment that he sucked as a boss. He wasn't secretive, he wasnt a brilliant racketeer, he wasn't a prolific murderer, he wasn't a big earner. He was a public persona/stereotype of what mob guys are. And it was innaccurate for both the times he lived in AND the history of the mob.

He was as strong as the people around him. No one is arguing that Dellacroc, Gravano and Decicco butressed his position. I think that hip hop artists in the 90s and the media played a big role in creating this myth about Gotti. The more I learn about him, the less impressed I become.

And anyone, especially anyone writing books, looking to perpetuate this myth is out for a money grab...

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The only solace I take in that film is that it probably cost about a case of beer and a few large pies to make, and it went "straight-to-video" and grossed about twelve dollars. People aren't stupid. Unfortunately, when it comes to this subject (LCN in America), a lot of people are still naive.

Boss of tha toilet!