Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Ivan
The real Tommy DeSimone doesn't quite deserve to have the name he has in crime history. If it weren't for the fact that Joe Pesci is capable of being so funny and so scary on camera, very few people would know that DeSimone exists. So it's obvious that whoever is behind this book is mooching off the reputation created by Goodfellas. This fact alone is a testimonial to Pesci's talent, I guess. The writers should send Pesci royalties.

Good post, Ivan. The thing is, the same can be said for ninety percent of the characters in that book. Most of them were bottom feeding lowlifes, whose violent deaths would have ended in anonymity on page thirty of the Daily News if they weren't resurrected and immortalized by Hill, Pileggi and Scorsese (and I firmly believe that several of the minor characters were composites).

agreed. Unfortunetly movies especially based on mobsters tend to glorify them. I remember that gotti movie made him out to be a robin hood figure which made me laugh how inaccuarate it was