Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Nick Pileggi finished "Wiseguy" in late 1985. The first editions were released on a limited basis in December of 1985, just before Big Paul was hit and the book went national in January of 1986. This is very easy to research. Check with the library of congress, or if you have a first addition check the date.

My point is, it's funny how Hill left all of this bullshit out of the first book. Yet when Gotti became the most visible gangster since Capone, Hill slowly but surely had more and more to say about him. At first, on shows like Geraldo, wearing the stupid rubber nose, fake beard, and hat.

There's a reason that Pileggi had nothing to do with "Gangsters and Goodfellas" or this latest pile of shit, and it's not because he didn't like Hill. By all accounts he did. It's because he knew this was all a bullshit money grab, and he'd have no part in ruining his reputation as a journalist.

Verdict: Bullshit.

agreed PB. I do think gotti was involved in the planning of the murder but i doubt he was present much less personally responsible