Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Neo
I'm still interested to know why Cirillo maintained such a modest life style as opposed to other guys like Danny Leo, Barney, Tuzzo and other Genovese heavyweights who live like kings.

The guys who live modest lifestyles in the Genovese Family---even the millionaires---outnumber the guys who "live it up" by ten to one. That's how they groom their guys. Cirillo is the standard, the other guys you mentioned are exceptions.

How about Ernie? Lives right around the block in Locust Point. He's about the heaviest Westsider in the Bronx right now. Small house. Same deal as Dom. How about Benny Eggs, even though he's retired? Made millions, lived like any other old man downtown. Or Joe Sass? Or Ross? Or Al G? Or Louie D? Or Sammy and his kid? Or Ralphie B? Or Fritzy? Or Rom and Tony? How about any of them? A few of them live very comfortably, but they don't show off. But you wouldn't know any of that from, New Zealand, is it?

And for the record, Barney doesn't "live it up." His home was decorated beautifully on the inside but it was modest on the outside. And the furnishings were his wife's doing, God rest her soul. His condo in Bal Harbour was gorgeous, but so what? That's Florida. A million down there will buy you a palace. And since his wife passed away, the guy could go live in a studio apartment and it wouldn't bother him a bit. But he's very close to his adult kids and grandkids, so he kept the house in Westchester.

I have a theory...

Keep it a theory.

Just like 'Chin' he could never live it up and enjoy life because he had to "keep up appearances".

You mean like Chin's townhouse on the Upper East Side? Or the horse country in the Berkshires? Or the houses up in North Jersey and Rockland? And all of the other property that he quietly bought up and willed to his children? You mean like that?

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
He did it and is doing it the way it was intended .....

You're right, Serp. But please don't give this guy the satisfaction of a reply. I only posted because he's talking out of his ass and trying to piss me off. But since he's off by SO MUCH this time, I decided to reply one last time.

I've made my last post in this thread. I hope everyone will follow suit and NOT REPLY to this guy, in this thread or anywhere else.

Because, whether they can prove it or not, I [b]KNOW that this is the same person who wished my sick, 85-year-old father dead last night.[/b] I still haven't slept and my hands are still fucking shaking from that. I use this board as an outlet to vent about taking care of him. And he gets wished dead?!?!

Interesting...

So I guess they were groomed to fit in with the rest of society and not stand out or flash it in the feds faces.

This is the part I don't get....

Barney owns legitimate garbage hauling and construction companies so he can legitimately "live it up" as a successful businessman, so why doesn't he? I know Americans are big on materialism, that is why I ask.

Lets bury the hatchet (I think that is how you Americans say it).

That guy going up for trial in November is DickNose? so he is in the States, right?
I can share my screen with you over Skype and you can watch me login to my New Zealand ISP account if you wish?
I'm from New Zealand buddy and sorry to hear about your father.