Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Joe Grande from philly did a lot of years. I think it was 40 and is back to business as usual.

Yep got 40, did 22. Same with Narducci's, punge brothers.

Agree with both of you -- I was going to bring up some of the same names. There were a lot of guys from Philly during that era who got some pretty heavy sentences and ended up being stand up guys who did their time and kept quiet.

Faffy Iannarella (45 year sentence), Phil Narducci (40 years), Joey Punge (40 years), Joseph Grande (40 years), Frank Narducci (35 years), and Tony Punge (30 years).

Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino also received a 45 year sentence and passed away in 2012 while serving it. None of them served their full sentences (or were going to), but in the end they all still did a significant stretch of time before being paroled.

Joe Ligambi was also down for life after being convicted for the Frankie Flowers murder in 1989 -- as were both Narducci's, Faffy, and Chuckie Merlino. They stayed quiet and were going to die in a cage had they not won after an appeal in 1997. Scarfo was virtually going to die in prison anyway due to his racketeering conviction, so I didn't include him with the other defendants in the Frankie Flowers case. But, some of those guys had tremendous luck on their side to be out and walking around now (or next year, in Faffy's case) after receiving significant sentences from the Scarfo racketeering case and then being sentenced to life for the murder conviction, only to have it thrown out 8 years later and win the case at the re-trial.

You even have to give credit to Georgie Boy. He did his time like a man and kept his mouth shut, only to be indicted again in 2011 (where one of the government witnesses would be his man on the street) when he was only 2 years away from being released from his original sentence. He could have easily thrown in the towel at that point and decided to flip instead of facing another trial, but he stood tall.