Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
DeNiro's a hypocrite. He's a bleeding heart liberal in every way, shape and form. He's anti-gun, except when it comes to himself. He has money for bodyguards and he employs a full-time driver who's licensed to carry himself.

people like him and oprah need to shut their hypocritical fucking mouths, but that's unlikely to happen. when you have big money, are able to hire armed bodyguards that likely cost more than most average people make a year, are able to live in gated communities/building with doormen and many levels of security then i don't think you "need" to carry a gun in nearly the same way that dan the bricklayer who lives in the south bronx or joe the roofer who lives in inglewood do. they should be allowed to though, but when the money and political connections allow them perks that people with a genuine need are disqualified from, something's very fucking rotten.

as far as kimbers go, from personal experience as well as what i've read they're a crapshoot, some work great and some are overpriced junk. another mark against kimber, being built in yonkers where again normal citizens are prohibited from owning them ensures that i'll never own one! the 1911 is a very outdated design, if you carry or rely on one for protection you better make sure it's finely tuned, including the ammo. to get anything even resembling glock or sig reliability you're going to have to fork over $3000+ for a real custom job from les baer, ed brown or wilson combat and even then the design itself just can't compete. stay away from models chambered in anything but .45acp and with anything other than a 5in barrel, the farther you stray from the original specs the greater the chance for problems to arise. for a true middle of the road 1911 that have received solid reviews, look at sig's lineup!

So far all the Kimber's I've come across have been great guns. To me the 1911's are outdated but yes they can be just as reliable as a revolver if you take care of it. My Sig stays "wet" as I clean it and leave a good bit of rust preventive and oil so everything moves smoothly. It still shoots like it did when it was just a few years old when I got it. Only bad thing is the springs in one of my clips have gone bad and it tries to put 2 into the chamber instead of one. Of course I now know which one it is and don't use it. Going to buy some new clips once I get back from this vacation. My buddy out here showed me his Desert Eagle .45 (not the big boys, just the regular 1911 version and it is sweet, I haven't shot it yet though. But it feels pretty damn sweet.