Originally Posted By: slumpy
Originally Posted By: antimafia
This morning, three reporters of La Presse updated the story on Desjardins's guilty plea. Below is the link to a translation, using Google Translate, of this interesting article.

English translation of La Presse article

You might be particularly shocked to read the tidbits toward the very end of the article, such as the claim that Sal Montagna may have had contact with Vito Rizzuto at a certain point after the murder of Gerlando Sciascia, who apparently invited Montagna to join the Bonanno Family.

Are you sure that's not a translation error?

The article translation was provided by Google Translate; so you can expect there to be many translation errors.

Which part (or parts) of the translation seems like an egregious error?

Or are you thinking, because of a translation error, I incorrectly interpreted the part about Sciascia's inviting Montagna to become part of the Bonannos?

Let me know, and I'll clarify.

------

The presumed (and very likely) killers of Fernandez and Pimentel are Pietro and Salvatore Scaduto, who are from Bagheria and were in Bagheria at the time of the murders. Both brothers spent time living in the Montreal area in the 1990s, perhaps as early as 1989, when they moved to Canada after their father, also a mafioso, was killed in a mafia war.

Pietro spent time living in the Toronto area in 2004 and possibly for some time before, when he was a bodyguard for his paesano Michele Modica. Pietro was eventually deported from Canada in relation to the California Sandwiches shooting in Toronto in which Modica was the target of a hit that was bungled.