Originally Posted By: SonnyD
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: alexandarns
I assume that being that Don Carlo put up that ban,Gambinos made the least guys betwen 57 and 76.Maybe even nobody was made by the Gambinos during those years.Wondering does anybody think diffrent?To be true what I said before,I belive HK that there is no prof that somebody was made,than again PB is a pal and I trust him to,so..

I doubt it was Gambino's decision. He had just become a boss and there was no way longtime bosses like Bonanno, Profaci, and Lucchese would roll over for the rookie. There is no way in hell Vito Genovese would be pushed around.

Like someone said earlier, the books were closed because of the Apalachin fiasco and the fear of LE infiltration. All the bosses went along with it including Genovese. He, more than the rest, didn't need any further humiliation. And he was technically a rookie boss himself; throwing his weight around against all the other New York bosses wouldn't have done him any favours.

Genovese was a rookie but he was the one who took out Costello, Moretti, and Anastasia. Even after Apalachin he was the most feared boss. He had been one of the top Genovese guys for over 20 years and was acting boss before he fled to Italy.