Originally Posted By: yigido
I read somewhere that before Massinos fall that the Bonannos had 190 made guys, true or bullshit?

Bullshit. I never saw 190 cited anywhere but did see 150 cited in a few places. But I think even that was inflated. As said, there were 111 known Bonanno members in 2001 - which was shortly before guys started flipping and Massino's regime came crashing down. Even if one also figures in the highest probable members flying under the radar (perhaps 10-15 at most) it wouldn't come to 150. Also, in 2006 wiretaps recorded there being less than 100 soldiers in the family. Even after again adding in the number of guys flying under the radar, plus administration members and captains, it wouldn't come to 150 members. Much less 190 then or in 2001.

It seems for some time now ( at least the last 25 years or so) the three smaller families have each ranged 100-125 members.

Come to think of it, I think 190 members was cited for the Bonannos in the 1988 "25 Years After Valachi Report." But, considering the state of the family at the time, as well as other estimates from around then, they would have been nowhere near 190 members.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/04/15 10:03 PM.