Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
forgive me, i'm sure i forgot a ton, this all comes from memory, but it's accurate.

That was my impression from what I've read. And, I read an article in the NYTimes a few years ago that proved your point: the people identified with having carry permits are very rich.

Quick hypocritical story: Robert DeNiro---one of the finest actors of all time, but INSANELY liberal---has a full carry permit in New York City. Good enough for him, but not good enough for John Q. Public?

And don't tell me that he needs it. He doesn't travel without an armed bodyguard. This I know for an absolute fact because I know the firm that he uses very well.

I went through Hell to get licensed up here (money, scrutiny, time and paperwork). Getting licensed in Florida was a day at the beach (no pun intended) compared to New York City.

I was introduced to DeNiro in the 80s by Joe Pesci he also lived in the Mayflower hotel back then. I met his driver he was just a young guy I guess was his secretary. Definitely not a body guard. At that time he walked every where close.

I guess he must have had a close call on the street later then he decided to get a real body guard. I don't blame him for getting a gun of his own.

I think a lot of celebrities changed what they did here in NY after Lennon was killed.

only the unloved hate