Most of the connections between Philly and western PA were through Chester and that crew died with Idone. There were connections between members in Philly and Pittsburgh going back to 1910 and more than likely before that.

As it relates to modern era, a good portion of the Bruno members knew and were connected with some Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Scranton members. We're talking individual members of various ranks: family, business and naturally the mafia had a more solid commission/meet and greets back then, so it's very probable their administrations were on good terms. D'Elia had ties to Stanfa in the 90's.

However, those ties didn't carry on in after the Bruno years. Most of Scarfo's members were incarcerated leaving the old sleepy housecats who were 80 and still alive, hence technically can go on a mob chart. Stanfa added a few guys who didn't get swept up in 94. Most of the family today comes from Merlino, who were all local guys. They didn't have these contacts to the extent they did back in Bruno's day. And a good portion of ties to NY are through the Newark crew, what's going to happen to that once Licata and Centorino kick it. They're no spring chickens.

And consider the cultural difference. 300 miles might as well be 3000, one is considered the east coast the other the midwest or rust belt). But I'll say it's slightly possible. Look at short term Boston Bob Luisi up in NE. It was short lived but who's to say that can't happen in other cities?

As for Pittsburgh, made or not, that's still a city of tight connections. There may not be a formal organization, the players in that city may work together on a case by case basis. Alot of them have relatives in high places. It's not a conspiracy as much as it is left over residue from a bygone era. But I doubt anyone in Pittsburgh would be interested in joining Philly, and if they did they're most likely a wannabe trying to gain footing to play with the local big boys (and would probably get himself badly beaten if he went about it the wrong way).

My .00 cents.