I live in Spring Hill, FL. It borders Brooksville, FL. My family comes from Long Island but I've been here most of my life. In school most of my friends were rednecks. Most were/are racist and enjoy their rebel flags. I could give two shits. When I was younger I had to spend a couple of weeks in a Tampa jail. On the outside, the blacks want to cry racism all day. When I was in jail, it was the other way around. The blacks were the racist ones. It was like reverse 1950's "what you looking at you white motherfucer?"I feel that the south lost and they should let it go. Then I see all the hispanic flags, the blacks still blaming the white man for everything, and all of the other ethnic bullshit that goes on throughout this country. Anyways, this past Saturday 6/27/2015, a group of activists from Tampa packed in a minivan heading to Brooksville's courthouse to remove the confederate flag and burn it. What a big mistake for those idiots. They were confronted by Brooksville ( a good portion of the town, both black and white). Those activists were scared away and failed at their agenda. This is a perfect example of how people need to worry about themselves and their town. If this was back in the 1960's you could guarantee those activists would have been executed. It was also nice to see a community to band together and standup for what they believe in. This country has so many problems right now but somehow gay marriage and confederate flags are on the top of the priority list? If they can make an amendment for gay marriage, they should make an amendment that gay or straight cannot get divorced after they get married. It would make people think twice before getting married. Also, there should be an application for those who plan to have children. Just like getting a mortgage, if you cant afford them don't bring them into this world!