Yea A-Girl I cherish the few heirlooms I do have. My Uncle (dad's brother) who is 91 years old, gave my older brother my grandfather's Italian Navy uniform jacket. When I was there I put it on just because, I guess. I never knew him. ohwell

Story goes, that both my dad & uncle were in the army at the same time. My grandfather I'm told who constantly worried for them often said, "I just wanna live long enough to see my boys come home." My dad came home first and not sure how long after, my uncle came home. It was a matter of days after my uncle was home, that grandpa passed away from a massive heart attack at 52. My grandmother would always warn, be careful what you wish for.

Oh, and btw, that same grandmother wore black for the rest of her life, until she passed away some 35/40 yrs later.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon