A-Girl, I know what you mean about "nervous" relatives making doom/gloom out of every situation.

My mom didn't drive until she was 40ish but none of my aunts/great aunts and for sure my grandmothers never learned to drive.

The video I posted mentioned how Italian households had pictures of the Pope, Sinatra, etc. My grandmother had a huge picture of Moses (of all people) hanging on her bedroom wall. Thing is it was loosely hanging from the wall enough so it tilted forward. When we's spend the night we'd sleep in her bed and I always thought it was a little scary. Didn't want Moses to fall on me. Ha ha ha!! lol

TIS

Edit to add: Some of that tradition DID stick. I do have a couple crucifixes hanging in my house, along with a Pope Francis Holy card, palms from Palm Sunday. I have the holy cards from both my mom/dad's funeral mass which has their picture on it, on my dresser. I guess it does rub off to an extent.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/30/15 09:21 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon