Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I have a concealed carry permit here in AZ. $40, good for five years. A few years ago, the legislature waived the requirement to earn a carry permit. Now, anyone who qualifies to own a handgun--that is, who passes the Federal background check (there's no state background check) can carry openly or concealed. All of us who earned our concealed carry permits hated that development.

Sounds like Alabama. We went from a "may issue" state to a "must issue" state where you have to take the applicant to court to prove why they cannot get a permit. So basically anyone can carry here unless you are a felon or have a violent arrest on your record. What sucks for some (and I hate) is that to get a concealed permit you have to be 21. I think anyone 19 or older can carry openly without a permit. Makes sense huh? lol

concerning the age of 21 to buy a handgun, its a stupid law simply because you at 18 can buy a shotgun 18- 20 inch barrel, and you can buy a ak 47- or a mini 14, those pieces will do far more damage than a hand gun.

its a federal law, and it has absolutely no logic.

and here's another no- brainer from the BATF you cannot purchase a handgun in any state, unless you reside in that state. I sold guns for 20 years, I know about federal laws, that's why I hate the Clintons, because of the brady bill.

my two cents

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"