Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
You're born with a loyalty gene or you aren't. It can't be taught. It has to be instinctual. And most of these guys have it.

The overwhelming majority of wiseguys DON'T flip, even in a weakened 21st Century LCN. And the other thing is, you only read about the rats. You rarely read about a local soldier or even an occasional skipper when they take a plea of 7 to 10 and go away quietly. Not unless you're a local, like myself, Bronx and few other guys, or a mob groupie who reads every single press release (and I'm not mocking that, I've always commended our researchers here).

You either have it or you don't. You understand it or you don't.

This is something I've been saying for years every time somebody says something about "everybody flipping nowadays." It may seem that way, because the media focuses so much on them and because most of those who have flipped have come in the last 25 years, but compared to the ones who haven't flipped over the same time period, the number of actually very small.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.