Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago
Blackjack,

Like I stated earlier, it is my belief that Joey doesn't have $250k lying around in savings. I never said I was right. In regards to who the boss was the entire time he was away, nobody knows for certain. Nobody could accurately discuss how much money Philly takes in a week and like I said, Ligambi had 2 RICO trials to pay for and he's a criminal, so who knows if he was dipping into his own money or under-reporting what the true figures were. Again, my common sense tells me when you are buying or leasing a Benz, Porsche, Ferrari and Bugatti immediately after being released from prison and attracting that kind of attention on a restaurant salary and reports of people supporting him, then I find it hard to believe that it's his money. Through the FBI/IRS and Justice Department reports in the past about Merlino, it doesn't seem to me that he stashes away a nickel. If he owned apartment buildings or other real estate holdings that he washed his dirty money with, then I stand corrected. I'm not saying your wrong, I just gave my opinion based off what I have read and what I have heard from some people I know who are close to South Philly. How much do you think Ligambi's two RICO trials were?

Well we obviously don't agree on Merlino's finances. Regardless, the guy is living like a millionaire and really enjoying his freedom. There is no denying that.

But my main point of that post to you...I was pretty much pointing out an example of you being hypocritical in regards to his boss status vs his liquid cash situation.

I wasn't trying to be hypocritical, just practical. We may disagree on his current financial status and you're entitled your opinion and I respect it.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."