Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
what else are you going to ban? are you going to erase history because you don't like history.

the confederate flag is a symbol of the young men who fought and died in warfare. I have family generations back who fought for Georgia in the civil war, my grandmother had a picture of her uncle who died in the civil war, he was 13 years old.

that's how young some of them were towards the end of the war, they fought and went down with honor, of the soldiers who died less than 1% owned slaves.

if you ban the flag over slavery, are you going to erase the first 15 presidents, who either owned or condoned slavery,

are you going to erase the burning of Atlanta where thousands upon thousands of women and children were burned to death.

if you start erasing history where does it end??

Interesting points, Binnie.
That's why I think that even with the most delicate topics, that people should be allowed to speak their opinions. Your comment about the age of the soldiers and the tiny % of them who owned plantations speaks to the ETERNAL issue of the "pezzonovante getting others to fight their wars" as written in the GF.