Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: VetteZR1
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Nobody was made in NY when the books were closed. Alex is right. The first recruits were made in early 1976. Both Casso and Franzese were wrong on their years of induction. They simply remembered it wrong. Casso perhaps even lied to Carlo or Carlo made it up when he wrote the book. Dead members were replaced when the books were opened (in 1976). Before that, the NY Mafia was way down in size because the books were closed since the late 1950s. Don´t rely on Mafia documentaries for this kind of stuff.

Well,in the Franzese doc I posted above, he says Halloween 75 (a date a wiseguy whos being made would ever forget)...Also, a few mins before he said that in the doc,he said he knew his time was coming because other guys were starting to get made.

You have to be open for the possibility that these guys were sometimes wrong. If we take a look at what Vinny Cafaro for example said, when he said that he was made in 1974 in a ceremony at Il Cortile Restaurant on Mulberry Street...well it turns out that the restaurant did not exist in 1974 but opened later (in 1976 or 1975...can´t remember...you can google it). In the case of Franzese, he says that when he was made, he was put with Andy Russo, his skipper. But documents show that Russo was made in 1976 and was made a captain in 1977. So he could impossibly have been a skipper in 1975. Are you following me?

If possile, could you show me the doc's that say Russo was made in 76'? Not doubting you at all, just curious cause on Mafia Wiki (I know, probably as credible as if "IMAMOBGUY" said it lol),says that he was made acting underboss for a few years in 73. Thanks Hairy!