Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Yeah Philly isn't in great shape overall.

And Detroit seems content with not getting their sons and family involved and having them go legit, which will lead to that dwindling out too.

No doubt about it...and I agree that in 15-20 years, Detroit may be in serious trouble. However, they are very well run. possibly one of the most well run families in the country going back to that 1930's. Leadership has ALWAYS been stable and consistent and under the radar. I love reading about Philly but they may have been one of the most or the most disorganized group of mobsters from the late 1980's to present day. Angelo Bruno (one of my favorite bosses) was the best boss they ever had IMO. While Scarfo was a huge earner, he was mentally unstable...and that doesn't translate well in the life. Uncle Joe is a great boss as well, he truly brought the family back to respectability while Merlino was away. Joey never was a respectable boss IMO and I don't believe he was very well liked by other families. He was a punk in the 1990's that had no respect for the rules...Merlino's generation of mobsters will certainly sink LCN across the country eventually...it's a matter of time.

Last edited by Oscarthedago; 06/26/15 11:49 AM.

As Uncle Charlie used to say, "Never get into pissing matches with skunks."