Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Old argument indeed. It doesn´t come from Picasso though, but from Lombardo´s files. A dozens of informants, or let me put it this way...on a dozens of occassions (both in Lombardo´s and Tieri´s files) informants identify Tieri as the official boss and Lombardo as a captain (later as the consigliere before he suffered a massive stroke which sidelined him for years). I have no clue why Cafaro testified and said the things he said. It´s possible that Lombardo was able in some cases to manipulate and control Tieri in much same way as Persico was with DiBella and that made Cafaro believe Lombardo was stronger and more powerful. Perhaps that´s what he is referring to in the testimony but words it incorrectly. In Lombardo´s files, there is a small chart showing Lombardo as a captain, Tieri as the boss. It´s based on information from CI´s. I have showed you parts of this chart over on the other site, don´t you remember?

No, I don't remember. And it seems to be the general consensus among writers like Capeci and Raab, as well as current or former LE people, that what Cafaro said was true and Tieri and Salerno were acting bosses for Lombardo and Gigante. Though one could argue, as Capeci did, that it's all academic to a point.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.