Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Merlino gives Stan Stein the cash and he "buys" it for Merlino and gives it to him under the auspices or appearance that he is just buying for and giving stuff to Merlino and his wife and daughters.

What you just described is money laundering. That's a twenty year minimum for a predicate felon in the Federal System. So for Joey's sake, he's much better off if it's a gift (and to be fair, I think it's a gift). You younger guys have to realize that mob guys have ALWAYS had their groupies.

Christ, can you imagine if there were social media (or the Internet at all, for that matter) while Gotti was at his peak? Or, better yet, Capone? And SOME of these guys were never shy about taking gifts from civilians. Getting free shit is a big part of the criminal mindset.

And he's buying Joey a home in West Palm? Shit, with the man-crush this guy has on him, Joey should hold out for Jupiter Island. Or, better yet, move to the Gulf Coast and insist on Marco Island. That's what I'd do whistle.

The guy is making assumptions that Merlino is the one supplying the money...

I don't think it's that far fetched that Stein is just a rich lonely mob groupie who is paying to be pals with some mob guys. lol