Alfa its really annoying to quote you on my tablet so I'll just C+P your comments bolded.

Salvadore Vizzini traced the serial numbers of money Luciano gave him directly to a heroin deal. The way Vizzini got the money was to ask Luciano for change because he wanted bills in larger denominations. And that's just one piece of evidence. There are others, like the fact that Carlo Gambino was visiting Lucky Luciano in Italy, like the fact that the authorities in Italy claim they were actually about to arrest Luciano for trafficking once and for all, etc etc etc.

The Vizzini part is very interesting and something I'd never heard before. Can I ask where you got that from? When and where has it been conclusively proven that Carlo met Luciano in Italy? By the part you responded to I assume it was after Carlo became boss? Proof for either of these claims would be nice.

The only way for me to reply to this part is to repeat myself. There really isn't much more to add to it. Carlo Gambino was already in a prison of sorts. Think about it. I do think he left the United States, but later on when the heat got turned up, he couldn't leave because the government was looking to nail him on anything, even immigration. So now you know why he acted like a passive old man with a perpetual grin...he was stuck here. Trapped in the mafia, and trapped in the United States.

As you said you are repeating yourself. This is pure speculation, of the faulty kind if you ask me.

Naw, Luciano was just "Lucky". wink

But so was Carlo. That's why we have this thread. If anyone was almost as well situated to control the underworld as Lucky Luciano, it would be individuals such as Carlo Gambino, and the like. Carlo Gambino was situated at the center of power in the world of the mafia due to his pedigree and family ties. Becoming a Capo and patiently putting up with Anastasia's BS also helped a lot. But just like someone said, Luciano was the only individual Anastasia probably feared. Once Luciano went to Italy, Albert started getting out of hand and had to be whacked. If Luciano doesn't go to Italy, Albert lives, and Carlo remains a Captain

Not sure how any of this relates to anything? How exactly was Luciano the only person Anastasia feared? I know this is all opinions given the small amount of info we have from this time, but sometimes you have to qualify your opinions with..... Something!

That, was not even necessary. You are taking this way too personally.

Wasn't taking it personally at all; not sure how that's possible in my case tbh. Anyway I apologize if I offended you.