Originally Posted By: olivant
[quote=Turnbull]You know you're Italian if you call tomato sauce "gravy."

You know TB, I never heard it called that until the Sopranos. Maybe it has something to do with our being Napolitan. [/quote

Oli, I hadn't ever heard before either. I think it possibly is a NY or EastCoast thing. My family ALWAYS called it sugu. confused

Can't remember exact quote from clip, but "No matter what illness, virus, disorder, etc it's ALWAYS cause you didn't eat. LOL I so can relate. Every single time any of us said we didn't feel well, my mom would ask "Did you eat?{" lol

Tho this tradition was before my time, I do remember my parents saying that wakes were held in the home.

Lunches: I remember bringing eggplant sandwich or such to school, and tho I would have friends ask with a puzzled look,"what's that", I really enjoyed the food and didn't care that what they thought. Beat their PBJ sandwich. ha ha

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/20/15 06:15 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon