Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Exactly,my mothers grandfather was from around Napoli,but my mother was always American.Especially here in Europe.

That's when Italian Americans get their bubbles burst in a hurry. When they visit Italy and start acting "Italian." Think Paulie Walnuts when they went to Italy and Paulie asked for macaroni and gravy. It's hysterical. Off topic, but I always thought that was intentional by David Chase. To poke fun of Italian Americans who overdo it.

I have Sicilian friends who have relatives in US and other countries. I was just recently talking to one of them about this very subject. She has relatives in US who decided to move back to Sicily and even have a wedding there. They were in for a cultural shock because the Sicily in their mind doesn't exist anymore. It's natural of course because the connection to the old country is from late 1800's or early 1900's. Just one example, they had planned that everyone in the wedding will dance tarantella, and of course only a couple of (older) people know how to do that anymore.