Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Somewhere around there was not only the Santa Lucia Hotel and Restaurant, but Stauch's and The Harvard Inn. It was all in that area where Nathan's now is. There have been a lot of changes since those days, so the early places of interest are hard to locate. The Harvard Inn was destroyed by a fire around 1926, and the streets were widened around 1930.

I found my notes on Marano. While reading about Coney Island I did read about how George C. Tilyou was being threatened and men muscled in on his properties. One of his properties was called Tilyou's Surf House. Have you ever heard anything about this? Maybe it is common knowledge among researchers like yourself but I figured I'd ask.

This is what I have on Marano. It's ancient history so that's the only reason why I'm posting the addresses. I'm sure the family is long gone by now.

On June 1,1892 he arrived in the port of NY through Castle Gardens.
He was 14 and stated his occupation as a barber.
(He came over with Francesco Marano Male Age 12 &
Giuseppe Marano Male Age 46)

According to the Ellis Island website Pellegrino Marano
was 5'8 with chestnut colored hair.

His destination was his home 56 Cove Street Orange, NJ
It appears he was traveling with 3 others who also had the same destination in Orange, NJ.

Amodio Bonoma Male Age 16 From Protolaserra
possible nephew of Pellegrino Marano

Raffaela D'Amore F 35 M destination Orange, NJ
Carmine D'Amore M 7 son

Filippo Fredo M 27

I believe that Gaetano Buonomo is a possible relative, probably the father or uncle of Amodio.

Amodio Bonoma not sure if that name is spelled correct maybe Amedeo Buonoma?? And I cannot remember who the others are. I was helping research this stuff for a writer on gangsinc back in 2012. Do any of their names ring a bell?