Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
I don't have a great deal of respect for guiliani. The main thing people give him credit for, and maybe he deserves it, is the crime fighting prowess. But from what I understand, that was just his implimentation of the broken glass theories of the Manhattan Institute. Beyond that, he was incompetent as a mayor and at being a human.

Here you have a guy who crossdresses, married his 1st cousin, released the sealed records of a murdered victim of police brutality thus revealing that, gasp, the guy once punched someone in the face, big deal. Here you have a so-called mayor who in response to police brutality complaints then arms the police with hollow point bullets to use against civilians with the excuse that they are "safer" because they will explode on impact and not pass through a target thus hitting someone behind them. Here you have a guy who had a reputation as THE mob buster, and IMHO all he did was make sure the mafia survived by redirecting prosecutions to ten or so guys at the top instead of damn near everyone in Ozone Park, Mulbery Street, Bensonhurst, or you name it. He did not put in the leg work directing the surveillance teams, the crime family squads, flipping perps to become informants, etc. He stole Walter Mack's recognition for his hard work and achievements and protected the mafia. His ability to misappropriate the glory of real policemen and law enforcement tells me all I need to know, or want to know, about that guy.

great post alfa, I am one guy who completely agrees with you, crime-buster my ass, he's a shameless self-serving egomaniac. and deserves no respect.

And you would know this because you're a smart, worldly, well educated individual? rolleyes

Please. I'll take the opinions of people who ACUTALLY lived in New York under the time of Guiliani as mayor and his time as DA. I also have an aunt, uncle, and numerous friends who remember life under Rudy Guiliani as the mayor. Was he perfect man? Absolutely not and people will have different opinions him. The problem is yours is based on virtually nothing.

Alfa same goes for you. Especially when you misread posts as often as you do

my opinons of this guy are hearing him, and seeing him,and no matter how much you slander any one who disagrees with you, you will never change their opinion.

everyone has a right to their opinion, so take your cheap shots and shove them.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion. Everyone does. Everyone from the KKK right down to feminazis and communists.

You may watch Guiliani from a TV or read about him in a newspaper, but I doubt you have the perspective to judge him as accurately as native New Yorkers who lived during his time as Mayor. That's all I'm saying