Do you want the painful truth?

Sammy's sentence was excessive. It was spiteful payback by the Feds on par with OJ Simpson getting twenty years for stealing some sports memorabilia.

Now don't get me wrong. Gravano should never have gotten a deal in the Gotti case with (at least) 19 bodies on him. And OJ getting off on the murder charges was a direct result of the shameful race-baiting tactics employed by Cochran and company.

But two wrongs never make a right. Gravano and OJ both received sentences that would have gotten Joe Schmoe three to five, tops. And I firmly believe in karma and what comes around goes around. But not when there's a miscarriage of justice involved.

And again, for all I care Gravano and OJ can both choke to death on peanut brittle from their commissary accounts. But they both received excessive terms because of prior acts that should have played no part in their sentencing.

Sammy will get out sooner rather than later, and he'll end up on reality tv. And he'll try his best to come off like a tough guy.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.