Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I would guess that had more to do with being the go between for the Jersey crews and the NY leadership than him being the Genovese "boss" in Jersey.

Exactly what Prisco's position was when a lot of people had him misidentified as being the "The Genovese Boss of Jersey." I mean, seriously, the man was still living in Yonkers at the time, and when he wasn't at home, his every waking moment was at his club in Westchester Square (The Bronx).

Funny thing is, even though Angelo was only the "go-between," Palumbo clearly resented his strength in Jersey (especially at the Port of Newark). It was Palumbo who made the beef on Ange's cousin (Angelo Sangiuolo), who was later murdered as a result.

Don't get me wrong, Sangiulo was guilty as Hell. But being Prisco's cousin really fueled the fire for Palumbo. I heard he took it to Gigante himself---a serious breach of etiquette that surprisingly didn't get him killed himself. But at the time, I guess Vince had bigger fish to fry.

Thought id come back from the dead to chime in here lol. Devita ran what was left of the andy Gerardo crew which was the main crew in the newark/essex co suburbs. Tinos crew and the Gatto crew both came from pete laplaca and are basically just one crew again today. Originally there were two ny crews with jersey guys that i can think of, benny eggs and patty mac. patty macs crew basically merged with chuckie tuzzo and eggs crew is basically the lascala crew. pb is right on the money, ny has always had a huge hand in jersey. In my opinion the heaviest guy in nj is bobby manna (if hes still in ft dix lol), larry d, then ninny. keep in mind ninny is a jersey city guy.

As far as the Gambinos go, I've heard nicky mita has retired to palm beach and vinny dimodica took over for him about a year or two ago. nicky skins was under jimmy dellaratta. dellaratta was discussed at the philly trial, he was apparently in prison for 20+ years, came out got made and bumped up to capo in under a year.

i feel like i need a disclaimer lol, its just my two cents not saying i know more than the fbi, etc... just sharing