According to a few articles I've read, there had been some internal problems with the police force and West Baltimore patrolling, before the riots began. Arrests were down by almost 30% before the riots and now they've plummetted to below 56% of what they were last year.

There is a perception, correct or incorrect, that the patrol cops are "giving the people what they want". Specifically, West Baltimore folks thought the cops were too involved, now they aren't at all.

But, based on what I've read, the City/State asked the Justice Department to evaluate the way Baltimore PD does business before the riots. So, it's not just contributable to police reaction to the riots.

In other words, the problem/friction/distrust with the patrol cops and the top city brass existed before the riots. As a result of the riots, the cops are taking a step back, as if to say, "you want to criticize our methods and want us to be less hands-on, you got it".

I saw the videos and yes, there are some bad people doing bad things in West Balitmore. But, they aren't all bad.

Boss of tha toilet!