Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago
Originally Posted By: FriendoftheFamily
Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago
Ronnie Carabbia spends most of his time in Sarasota. His son made millions from his dad's gambling money by investing in real estate, a large fireworks company called Sky King and from the "games of skill" machines. He's enjoying his grand kids and helping his son out.

Yes - I heard some of the same - The only thing I would add is that Ronnie is actually 84 he was born in September 1930. Josephine is 75. Ronnie A. Carabbia is 51 lives in Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch, FL Area. I don't want to put to much out there.

I'm not implying they are behaving criminally, Big Ron paid his dues like a man, his son was able to have the foresight to do the right thing and be a legitimate businessman. His family has been persecuted enough my the local media and the fact of the matter is that they are a good family and well respected. When the bombing wars were over, Big Ron kept the city of Struthers safe and prosperous. Many local Mahoning County residents wish guys like Ronnie Carabbia and Jimmy Prato ran the show...had Ronnie not gone to prison, his brother Charlie wouldn't have disappeared...You could take that to the bank. When Ronnie went to prison for the Danny Greene murder, shortly thereafter is when Brier Hill Jimmy and Joey Naples started wiping out Cleveland guys on direct orders from Big John LaRocca in Pittsburgh...Ronnie was Tony DelSanter's protege and hand chosen successor. People say he wasn't made in the early 70's and that is the most likely scenario, but keep in mind that NY and the Genovese Crime Family who represented Cleveland in the National Commission had a moratorium on new members, as did all other families across the country. The books were closed on membership and "high level associates" had the responsibilities of made guys and Capo's, but they had to have permission from the Genovese's. Tony Salerno in NY gave Lonardo/Licavoli permission to make 10 or more members and that if they needed more, just let "Peanuts" know, referring to John Tronolone, high ranking advisor to Cleveland and the direct go between for John Scalish, James Licavoli and Angeli Lonardo and Tony Salerno at the Palma Boys Social Club in East Harlem. Ronnie would have been in Tony DelSanter's position had he not got indicted for the Danny Greene bombing. DelSanter died in late August of 1977 and RC was arrested in October not long after the bombing of Greene. Crazy memories for the locals considering Youngstown's size comparing to large cities.

Lmao persecuted now that's funny.