Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@faithful

so in other words you're blaming obama for isis

isis is a problem that started because of the iraq war

which u admitted bush started for no reason

which also means bush created isis because of the fallout of a fake war

A. I didn't say that Bush started the Iraq War for no reason. He obviously had a reason. I said there was no real connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein, and that was one of the reasons we went to war. The other reasons were violating U.N. resolutions, firing on American planes in the No-Fly Zone, attempting to assassinate his George H. W. Bush, a history of using WMDs, a history of committing or attempting genocide, still having WMDs, attempting to obtain nukes, planning on developing a nuclear program, supporting terrorism, etc. Those are plenty of reasons.

B. Bush didn't create ISIS because if you read my posts, the group that became ISIS started out in northern Iraq in 2001, before the invasion of Iraq. Anwar al-Islam became Al Qaeda in Iraq and that became ISIL/ISIS/Islamic State.

C. The 2007 surge lead by General Petraeus was successful in defeating Sunni Islamist attacks in Iraq and led to increased peace, which Obama and Biden recognized before he pulled out U.S. troops.

D. Al Qaeda in Iraq resumed attacks about two weeks after we pulled out. That shows that they waited until we were gone, and it's evidence that if we still had a large presence there they probably wouldn't have started those attacks.

E. It wasn't a fake war.

Last edited by Faithful1; 05/25/15 07:08 PM.