Originally Posted By: MaryCas
What's in a name? lol Male, 65, married 43 years. One daughter, twin grandkids. Used to climb poles as a Telco lineman/splicer. If storms ever bring you to South Jersey maybe we can connect.

Well shit I need to pay attention more! lol No offense of course, I just seen the name and always thought you were and never even paid attention to the posts (I mean I read your posts but it never clicked if you know what I mean).

Our company had some crews working for Jersey Central Power & Light on Sandy, but other than that I'm not sure we have been up there much. It seems when I go North it is always for National Grid in Massachusetts or Rhode Island. Closest I've come to your area is Long Island and that is when National Grid ran LIPA for New York and since PSE&G took over we don't handle them anymore. I hope to visit the area though since my Grandmother's side is from Camden. I will holler at you for sure though if we ever get up that way!

So you climbed too eh? You kind of know what I go through except the gloves and sleeves. Other than that our jobs was about the same. I'm glad I don't have to climb much anymore, I'm too old for that shit!lol I'm only 35 but been in it since 18 so people think I don't have much experience but half my life has been spent on a line crew so that's a long time. I just wished I would have stayed with the same company the whole time as I'd be ready to retire in a few years but my retirement wont be too bad though. Even if I was done I'd find something to get back into it part time so I couldn't quit or retire even if I wanted to. Love the job too much.