Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Hi Gett, yes I have heard of him, there's a lot of things better about how the old guys did things, Like Arnie, half the size of the guys today but revered so much more than anyone today. Because its only just not possible how him and those era guys looked like, he admits steroids but weak, weak doses and when it wasn't illegal. Even without I'm sure he would of looked magnificent!.
Yes there is guides to build the perfect proportioned body, another thing is to aim to have your chest 10 inches bigger than your waist measurement.
What kind of stuff do you do in the gym gett? Bodybuilding or powerlifting? I used to just do bodybuilding but recently threw in a power day once a week with great results, managed to get a 450 deadlift the other day, first time i tried using chalk and couldn't believe I overlooked it before! Helped my grip tremendously!

Bodybuilding off an on for past 15 years.I go about 2 years without missing workouts but then get burned out. Past 2 years, have done bodyweight movements/calisthenics...with chains, weight vests, heavy bands. Will go back to the gym this summer but will mix free weights with bw exercises.

I brought up L.Scott because he advocated using gymnastic rings for upper body development decades ago, and I've gotten good results from a variation of gym rings...called "blast straps".They are touting TRX and blast straps like they've reinvented the wheel....but they are modified gym rings.

That's a good deadlift weight, and a great idea to confuse your body by throwing in a power day. Also a great motivator to train with those power guys (most of which are psychos). Definitely keep pushing.