There's a lot of stigmatization against motorcycle owners. Obviously I can't speak for the situation in America, but I know how motorcycle owners are being looked upon in Europe. And while I understand where that fearsome reputation is coming from, people seem to forget that for every one-percenter MC there are tens of law-abiding hobby clubs around. I know quite a few older guys over here who ride (I would like to ride in the future myself) and are members of several small non-one percenter clubs. And while they all hold regular jobs and aren't involved in any criminal activities whatsoever there have been situations where they have been treated with less respect and more disdain than a "regular" civilian -if I can even call it that, because in my opinion the vast majority of motorcycle owners are just "regular civilians" as well- would have been. And if that's the case with members of small motorcycle clubs, you can imagine what people -and especially cops- must think of members of a one-percenter.

Just because someone owns a Harley, grows a beard and listens to Slayer, it doesn't mean he's moving dope and running hookers.