Originally Posted By: cheech
BW, the greek, the "kosher kids" you mentioned....nowadays the syndicate ive heard about is the "poker kids"

That's not such a stretch. It's not like they're inventing their own language, it's just a changing vernacular. It's not like when Puerto Rican kids who were BORN in New York City get their local congressman to lobby for them to take different tests than White kids because of a language barrier. And they were born here!! But now I'm going off topic.

Way back when, they were sharpies and wise guys. Then sometime during the Rosenthal era out in Vegas, you'd occasionally hear them referred to as the computers. Taylor did well with them.

Re Taylor: At one time the United States government had him labeled as the biggest bettor in the United States. They claim he bet 800 million one year, which is naturally bullshit. But they weren't lying when they said he was one of the biggest gamblers in the country. And what happens to bookmakers who gamble like that?

He dropped dead last summer and his daughter had to take up a collection to bury him. He was laid out at Castiglione's in Greenwich. They're half-assed cousins to the sportscaster from Fox (Duke Castiglione).

Taylor didn't have an ounce of Italian blood in him, but he loved hanging around wiseguys, especially in Italian restaurants. Tony owned him lock, stock, and barrel. The guy was a fucking riot. Two quick ones.

a) I saw him, with my own two eyes, bet 50k on the coin toss on the Super Bowl. He lost, then turned around and paid the little guy (the other guy who died last year) like he was paying for a fucking happy meal.

b) His tombstone reads "Bet with your head not over it." How do you not love a guy like that? lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.