Originally Posted By: JCrusher
The eppolito murders in 1979 were a pretty crazy incident. Obviously Jimmy and hsi son were having issues with Gaggi and both parties went to Paul to ask to kill the other. Unfortunetly for Jimmy Eppolito Paul sided with Nino. Nino and Roy killed them then Nino got into a shootout with a cop and was hit in the neck i believe

It all started with the Jimmy Carter political thing. Everything that happened from there on out was just an excuse to hit the guy.

The Genovese family inarguably had the strongest political ties from Day One (the '30s). But by the '70s, you should have known that getting your picture taken at such an event was suicide, no matter which family you were in.

This has nothing to do with politics, but I think it's relevant to the topic. Now, everyone here remembers the infamous picture of Sinatra with the Gambinos and several other wiseguys at the Westchester Premiere Theatre, right?

Well, there were at least four high-ranking Westside guys in the room that night who said, "Thank you but, no thank you," to being in the photo. They knew better. And to his credit, if Carlo Gambino wasn't so old and getting a little feeble minded at the time, I doubt he would have taken part in it either.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.