Originally Posted By: mickey2
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: mickey2
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Right now my current leaning is that LHO was the shooter and there was no other.

oh my god. how are you able to still believe that nonsense in 2015?

Is the best you got to insult someone's intelligence? Have you done the amount of research I have, if any at all?

for the sake of peace, i apologize. Even if i find your post more offensive/agressive than mine, but maybe thats just me.
I would be very honored to know why you believe that LHO was the lone shooter. Thanks in advance.

Okay, but there was nothing in my post that was aggressive and I don't know what was offensive about it. I've been reading about the JFK assassination since the 1970s and for a long time did lean more to the Mafia-conspiracy side. I also like to give a fair reading to all sides and see who has the more convincing arguments. Most recently I have been reading both Anthony Summer's book on the assassination as well as Bugliosi's anti-conspiracy book. Both books have their pros and cons, but I think both represent their sides well. Summers has a tendency to jump to conclusions and to count rumors as evidence while Bugliosi is arrogant, often overstates his cases and thinks he knows more than he really does. As an example, Summers is the one who really put out the claim that Hoover was a drag queen, but the person making the claim had no credibility and this story was refuted by Ronald Kessler. Bugliosi has a chapter on the Mafia that is chock full or historical errors, and he leaves out certain Mob connections that Jack Ruby had, probably because he was unaware of them. Bugliosi also claims that the American Mafia has never taken out politicians since 1890, but I know for a fact that the Outfit has taken out quite a few. If any Family was unafraid of hitting a politician it was Chicago.

I also have Lamar Waldron's "Ultimate Sacrifice," John F. Davis, Gerald Posner, Robert Blakey and others. I don't just read them, but I follow up their sources. David Talbot of Salon magazine, himself a conspiracy theorist, debunked much of "Ultimate Sacrifice" in a review that's posted on Amazon. The only part of the review that I disagree with is when he chided the authors for not revealing certain names because they haven't been released. He said that after all this time the info should be out there, but in fact the CIA isn't releasing the last of its material until 2017. The Kennedy family also is keeping a lot of material closed to the public until 2025 (I think).

I cannot deny that there are a number of mobsters who claim that Marcello and Giancana did it and I would be dishonest if I did. They had the means and the motive, but the opportunity was limited. At this point, for me to believe that Outfit guys actually did it, someone would have to explain to me in a reasonable way how they could have done it logistically and how there's no forensic evidence for it. Despite my leanings, I also stating that I'm keeping an open mind and am willing to read different points of view. I don't see how anyone could take offense to that.

Last edited by Faithful1; 05/14/15 03:49 PM.