Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
that kid Harvey pitched a good game , but, the mets could not win it for him, gotta wonder how much longer these guys will be leading their division.

is something going wrong?

From the MLB 2015 thread i said this during spring training
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Mets have a nice relatively young team with one of the best rotations in baseball, if everyone stays healthy I am thinking the Mets make the playoffs this year(I say this before every season).

Injuries are playing a big roll in the Mets not playing well, Terry Collins has to change the lineup and since that BA and OBP have dropped. Bad fielding, mental mistakes and errors from the infield. Mets also have 5 bullpen pitchers on DL and Jenrry Mejia is suspended for 80 games, which stacks innings on the current bullpen and adds pressure

Healthy Mets line up:
Granderson
Wright .333 BA .371 OBP 4 RBI before injury
Duda
Cuddyer
Murphy
Lagares .276 BA .301 OBP 13 RBI before injury 2014 GG winner
d'Arnaud .317 BA .356 10 RBI before injury
Flores
P

Before injuries: the 2,3,4,8 hitters all batting over .300

Mets Current line up:
Granderson
Murphy
Cuddyer
Duda
Flores
Plawecki Rookie
Nieuwenhuis .088 BA .139 OBP Career AAA player
or
Mayberry Jr. .103 BA .188 OBP
Herrera Rookie
P

Yesterday Mets went 1-7 with RISP. I said in an earlier post Herrera and Plawecki are good players but I think they need more time in AAA to mature. Having AAA players is affecting the line up

Obviously a pitcher will take a different approach with who is hitting next or who is on base and who they are facing. Baseball is definitely a mental game

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 05/14/15 12:46 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life