@mickey2 thanks man and thank you for the support.According to some FBI informer Ricca ordered a meeting to be held at the at the Tam O'Shanter restaurant.I dont know if he was present at that metting because when Ricca got out of jail in 1948 he rarely met publicly with other top hoodlums.Usually after the meetings guys like Accardo and Cerone delivered the messages to Ricca. Accardo was usually his voice at the meetings,so it had to be voted.If the top guys like Murray Humphries and Vogel didnt want Giancana as the acting boss, there were going to be a lot of problems.But there was no reason for Giancana to not be placed as boss. He was the prime moneymaker, a lot of people from the Capone era were gone by that time so the former 42 gang was taking over and my opinion is that nobody liked the top spot at the time because of the heat from the government.

@SinatraClub some of the guys you mentioned were small potates during the Capone era and never came under Al. Battaglia and others were a separate gang from the Capone mob. Capone didint like much the 42's and one example is the robbery of Big Bill Thompsons wife.You see that picture of young Battaglia that i posted?Well thats when he robbed the mayors wife.In the 1940's Guzik was kidnapped by these guys because of his resistance against them. So these guys never worked for Capone, they worked for Ricca. Ricca brought them into the organization after Capone went to jail. Plus there are some stories that Ricca and the guys framed Capone to get him off the top position. There are no friends in the mafia. Some of the members of the old guard hated these young turks because of the attention they brught by killing everyone in their way and taking some of the new rackets for themselves. Also I never said that Ricca forced Accardo to step down as boss becaue Ricca was always the top boss. The rest like Accardo and Giancana were only front bosses for this guy.BUT once there was some kind of negative energy between Ricca and Accardo during the horse meat scandal.Accardo operated the racket and during one of the trials some high ranking Outfit members were mentioned,including Ricca.And it was a very profitable situation for Accardo to step down as acting boss because of the heat from the government that occured during that time period. And belive me when i say this, Accardo was never Giancana's overseer, he was his advisor. Accardo was Ricca's voice so that makes Ricca the real overseer on Giancana. Accardo took Ricca's position in 1972 after his death.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good