Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
It's a pity that non-Italian gangs don't make headlines. I would like especially to see documentaries about the Russian, Albanian and Greek mafia in USA. Why hasn't anybody done a documentary or a book on Alex Rudaj's gang for example? And I thought the Russian mafia could make headlines in newspapers, considering how often it's used as villains in the movies.

I agree with you, Dwalin. But marketing boils down to demand, especially in the publishing industry. Especially today, in the age of e-books. There just isn't enough demand for publishers to hand out advances for books about obscure gangs that aren't likely to appeal to the masses.

However, I mentioned e-books for a reason. I predict that you'll be seeing a lot more e-books about low-end criminals that won't be very credible. Look no further than the Leiber/Cicale joint project as the example. These 80-page e-books are the 21st-century equivalent of the 1950's True Detective magazine (which, ironically, were rarely very true at all).

lol Lol all those horrible e books out there especially the one from our buddy Ed. How about mafia secret judge, ever hear of that one. Ha! Mob Candy Mag and all those wannabe guys.