IF, good response

christie/teacher's union showdown is playing out now in the news..so more on that as it develops

and the use of public bonds was approved for the private school pool in Riverdale.

I think that you are in fact implying that business elite should have different rule. In this discussion about public money being used to fund projects for a private institution, your views seems to be that it's ok, because the business elite pay taxes that go into public schools that their children do not attend.

Whether it's income,property, sales tax..many New Yorkers pay taxes that go into funding departments/projects that they may not directly benefit from but which benefit the society. Good number of people in the city pay taxes and don't drive or even own cars, they don't deserve special consideration/benefits because they help fund local road repairs.

I brought up that the business elite of the region are alum and that the measure was legal and would be approved.I think it stinks because clearly the bonds could be used in ways that benefit a greater number of people from that borough.With the profile of that school, I'd be interested in knowing what % of the parents even live in NY state. Residents of the borough, even residents of Riverdale will not have access to these facilities, think about that. It's bull.

Since I'm not married to any political ideology...I called out Diblasio's ad for mayor which literally had his daughter saying political rhetoric like "my dad is gonna make sure the rich pay their fair share of taxes". The same guy who forgot to tell Batts that Tommy don't shine shoes anymore. also forgot to tell you that the Mayor featured his children in campaign ads. It's hogwash, and stories like this just highlight that the modern day golden rule= the ones with the gold make the rules.

(will reply more later)