Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
You mean 90% of New York City's tax base. They pay for those shitty ass public schools and get no benefit from them.

Yea. Shit on hedge funds and wall street in general. watch how fast they move to Florida. Smart way to turn your city into Baltimore and Detroit.

Lot of NY based businesses have relocated to Jersey City,NJ and other northern Jersey cities, they were priced out of the city. Jersey City was left for dead not too long ago but it's really become almost a new place. Funny thing was, Manhattan didn't become Baltimore or Detroit.

I'd sure like you to show me where I'm shitting on the business elite by pointing out the things I've pointed out.

Would also like to hear how the financial sector represents 90% of the tax base in NYC.

You do realize its a long process right? Do you think Detroit and Baltimore became like that over night? It was a consistent pattern of electing Democratic leaders that lead them down that path.

A few businesses leaving NYC does not make a Baltimore. All of wall street leaving is a damn good start.

As far as the tax base, as with almost every state with state income tax and city with city tax, those who make the most money make up the vast majority of a tax base. Its just math man, it's not difficult.

Also, when you acknowledge the good these companies have done for Jersey City, you are acknowledging the benefits of private industry and capitalism. I am not sure whether you did that accidentally. It's hard to get a gauge on you gets, you speak in such generalities and always try to be a bastion of neutrality.

Last edited by ItalianForever; 05/04/15 10:38 AM.