Angelina was merely 'acting' Underboss at one point for Ligambi while Merlino was in jail. That move was made while Massimino was in prison too and was meant to appease Joey; it was merely a titular position only. Staino was really the de facto underboss for Uncle Joe at the time.

Not for 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure the beating Angelina took from the 10th & O gang was several years ago. Merlino was definitely in jail and Marty went to Uncle Joe looking for reprisal, and Ligambi only asked the guys to apologize! And I believe he did spit on the officers after being arrested after a fight with his girlfriend, and he also was arrested for assaulting an officer/FBI agent back in 1999 while Merlino was being arrested in Margate for his RICO charges.

Per the 10th & O gang, I've heard they are pretty powerful in their own right. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Phil Narducci has a bunch of those guys under his wing. He may be building a pretty powerful following in the street.