Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
I haven't heard anything about whites being targeted nor have I seen any since the riot started, it has been rioters vs. police I don't think they were targeting white police officers only, what media outlet are you getting this from.

Get off your high horse. Who do you think these rioters are? You really think they give a fuck about me or you? If me and you were in Baltimore we would be attacked, no question. Solely for being white.

It makes me sick, people are outraged when a scumbag thug gets shot by a cop, but when blacks are attacking whites for no reason it's ok.

You seem like a cool guy (great username), but you need to wake up and realize whats going on.

They haven't been targeting "whites" because the entire downtown area was told to leave at 2pm today and go home. There were threats of a "purge" protest that was anticipated in the morning hours. There was no scheduled protest made by any of the organizers of the protests on Saturday.

By 3:30 pm, there were looters and large crowds gathering in the NW section of Baltimore near Mondawmin Mall. The Orioles vs. Red Sox game was cancelled very late in my opinion in comparison to the downtown let out. They could've freed up extra police resources to move to where the hot spots were.

As of now, there are not really any attacks on "whites" taking place in this city. I am a 15-20 minute drive from this and live blocks outside of the city line. The people doing this, are mostly kids that have been staying in their own neighborhoods. These are African American neighborhoods - not white neighborhoods. If you are familiar at all with Baltimore, you will know that much of the white population inhabits places like Federal Hill, Fells Point, Canton, Hampden, Roland Park and other areas. The west side (basically where all this is going down) is about 90% african american. Some of Liberty Heights and Park Heights areas have Jewish populations as well, but that is when you continue further, heading out of the city towards the county line.

There have been innocent bystanders who have driven by who were pulled from their vehicles and beaten - unfortunately there has been no description of the victims released. So I can't necessarily say for that. I just want this to end - this city has had too much death. My family moved out because of the drugs and violence - not because of the police.

Last edited by Palermo4040; 04/27/15 06:57 PM.