Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The adolescent obsession with "Who's tougher?" in this thread aside, it's not hard to believe Mouw's account of what happened when they warned Gotti about the plot against his life. I imagine Gotti's kneejerk reaction was to go into his "What, me worry? I'm untouchable" character. But when they told him the threat was from the West Side, as Mouw said, "that meant something to him." For a moment, Gotti's reaction revealed real concern before responding that he had "no problems" with Chin.

As for Gigante, though it would have been much harder and more unlikely to happen in the Genovese family, no doubt he saw Gotti's move as a threat to all sitting bosses. Not to mention the business deals he had going with Castellano before this upstart capo from Queens decided to take over without Commission approval. Ironically, Chin tried to take out a sitting boss (Costello) decades before for Genovese. How much Commission approval they had or didn't have aside, it shows how these guys are all about the rules when it benefits them. Once that changes, the rules can go out the window fairly quickly.

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Gigante's grand son was just elected mayor in rockland county. Some of the comments in this article are ridiculous, its like they interviewed some gossiping old grandma.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/mobsters-grandson-elected-mayor-of-new-york-village/

What a joke. You have Gigante in the life and people complain. And then you have his grandson get out of that life and into the legit life and people still complain. You can't win.

Well, as someone on another thread correctly pointed out, the freight company he's president of was likely acquired through mob influence, i.e. union connections, intimidation, etc. Would he be where he is now without how his grandfather was? I'm not so sure.

Well what do you expect him to do then? Just because he has family involved means he can't be legitimate?

How else would you expect the kids or grandkids of these guys to get out of that? Following your logic everyone related to these guys are illegitimate.

Last edited by NickyEyes1; 04/27/15 02:11 PM.