Originally Posted By: Walkner
Originally Posted By: pmac
Great book seen a interview hes writing a sequel. The book on Massimo by destefano is great for a modern day book.

Really? Two things I want to see, him go deeper into the 1970's. I find that decade interesting. Particularly the late 70's after Gambino died. It seemed like a chaotic time, with the books opening, and all the guys that were made that become historic infamous guys, the amount of guys getting clipped(Paul Castellano in particular seemed ruthless). It also seemed like a high point too. The feds and police still hadn't gotten their shit together it seemed, and the mob was incredibly powerful.

Also, I would like to read more about whats going on now. I found it interesting in 5 families, when he touched on some of the scams they are using now. Like phone cards, and health insurance fraud. It's just interesting the elaborate schemes these guys come up with to get money. I am not sure how much info he can give, seems like they have moved way under ground. But it would be nice to read about.

what surprised me the most about 5 families is when raab went into the gas scams that some families were into.

I was amazed at how much money they were making on these gas ripoffs, in the tens of millions.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"