I know that I am one of the few drivers on the roads around here who fully concentrates on driving and does not let myself get distracted.

I NEVER text or talk while driving. I also drive very defensively.

Yesterday while driving on the freeway I had to abruptly swerve to the right to avoid part of a front bumper. Then all of a sudden the two cars that just got into an accident were in my lane with parts of their cars unraveling off so I had to swerve to the left to avoid them. I had three kids in the car who were scared and I just about shit my pants. I can swear that if any other person driving at that time was in MY EXACT situation they would not have been so lucky. Why? Because no one is paying attention while driving.

I've been in my share of accidents. One was a hit and run on the freeway where a car going about 10 miles per hour decided to pull into the carpool lane right in front of me with me going 65. Of course I hit the car I couldn't brake fast enough, kept hitting the divider my tire popped and the whole left side of my car was damaged. Hit and run.

Another time I was driving about 45 mph down a busy street going to work when a car turning left decided to turn right into me. The air bags deployed and I was full of cuts and bruises and my car was totaled.

Those were my worst two accidents. The other 6 or is it 8 were pretty minor. One year while helping out at the church I got into 2 fender benders. These old people can't judge anymore so one man hit my rear bumper. He hit it hard enough where it had to be replaced then about six months later another older lady backed into the left side of me. That too did some damage so I got a new rear door. My car was starting to look brand new thanks to these old folks lol

Anybody else noticing how distracting people are while driving these days?