Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Typical moe tilden, always the first to get up on your high horse. If you dont think the feds hold a grudge or carry out a vendetta then your just as delusional as the people who worship merlino.

Moe is a typical, Holier-Than-Thou moralist. And that would be fine if he was consistent. Back on November 30th, he had a bit of a meltdown about the way the poor Kennedys were being picked on, and actually had the nerve to suggest that the "misdeeds" of the Kennedy clan were "alleged." I replied with what I thought was a fair post about trying to be consistent, and Moe never replied to me. I'm going to link his post here (be sure to read his post and my reply), then I'll continue on with my thoughts underneath the link.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post816149

Now, here's the thing. Go back a hundred or so years, and Joe Kennedy is in the same league as Frank Costello or Meyer Lanky. So, if you're a Jew or an Italian, your kids might get rich. But their gains are forever "ill-gotten," and people should be reminded of it at every turn. But if you're Irish, and you're in bed with everyone from Giancana to Costello to Lansky, it's just fine for YOUR descendants to become American Royalty.

Moe's right, though. God only knows how many people that Joey Merlino had killed. But God's also the only one who knows how filthy fucking dirty the scumbag Kennedys were (and remain to this day). And here's the important part about being consistent. If every Italian wiseguy deserves to die in a cage for his crimes (and I always say that murderers belong in jail), then the scumbag Kennedys should be held to the same standard.

From serial rapists to driving under the influence to poor Teddy's rough night at Chappaquiddick (which is just water under the bridge whistle), it's okay for the Kennedy family to live its life outside the law. But if you have jet black hair, olive skin, and your name ends in a vowel, then you're public enemy number one.

Consistency, Moe. And when it comes to being harassed and prosecuted by the Federal Government, what's good for Enzo should be for Seamus.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.